miniMAD 3 supports quad* and triangle surfaces.
Other surfaces (Circle, Mask, fixtures, Lines, 3D Surfaces) are not supported yet.
* Quad masks and shaders are not yet supported
MiniMad 4 supports a single media at a time on every surfaces, as well as feathering, masks and mesh warping.
Every image files supported by MadMapper will be exported to MiniMad.
During the export process, movie files will be transcoded and their size adapted to maximize the performance depending on the selected projector’s resolution.
The device supports a single projector connected to the HDMI port.
The maximum supported resolution is 1080p (1920×1080).
In case the selected resolution is not supported by the actual connected projector, the device will use the projector’s default resolution and display a notification.
EXPORT TO MINIMAD
In MapMapper: Click Export to MiniMad in the File menu
Insert the provided SD-card in your computer using the bundled microSD card adapter. If necessary, update MiniMad as advised before exporting.
Then, select the projector you want to export to MiniMad, adjust the output resolution, the audio output, the playback options, optionnaly unselect and reorder your medias and highlight the default media to be played at startup.
Finally, click the “Export” button to start the export – FFmpeg Tools is required to export MadMapper project to MiniMad please download FFmpeg Tools Installer – The process may take some time depending on the number of movie files and their duration. MadMapper will avoid transcoding movie files that are already optimized on the SD-card.
Connect the MiniMads on the same ethernet network to synchronize media-playback automatically*.
* movie synchronization happens when the movies playing on every MiniMads have the same frame count and framerate, even though their file names are different
Every media-related action made on any MiniMad happens instantly and automatically to every MiniMads: media change*, pause, restart, playback mode, audio mode, image display-time.
* media change works properly if every MiniMads contain a file with the same name, even though its content is different
Create a MadMapper project using the video-wall template, import your pictures and videos, and export the different projectors to as many synchronized MiniMads. The setup couldn’t be easier: Just connect all your MiniMad with an ethernet cable to a network switch*, and wait until they automatically synchronize.
* the switch is only necessary starting with 3 MiniMad devices
To synchronize 2 x MiniMads, just link them with an ethernet cable
Use a network switch to connect more than 2 MiniMad devices
Send your Feedbacks and exchange with MiniMad users on the MiniMad Forum.
Contact the technical support using the contact form.
- Left: previous media
- Right: next media
- Up: change playback mode
- Down: pause media – long press: restart movie
- Red (toggle ON/OFF) : Mapping control mode
- Yellow: previous control point / surface / all surfaces
- Blue: next control point / surface / all surfaces
- Up / Down / Left / Right: move control point
- Yellow (toggle ON/OFF): Image control mode
- Blue: next surface / all surfaces
- Left / Right: adjust contrast
- Up / Down: adjust brightness
- Blue + Yellow: display info
- Blue + Red: shutdown miniMAD
As an alternative to the MiniMad’s buttons, you can use any USB keyboard as a remote. Using a wireless USB keyboard may be particularly interesting when the device is not easily accessible. Attach the keyboard to one of the four USB ports prior to powering it on and follow the following keyboard map to control all functions:
- Backspace: restart movie
- Space: pause movie
- Right: next movie
- Left: previous movie
- P: change playback mode
- Up: increase image display-time
- Down: decrease image display-time
- D: display info
- H: help
- Q: shutdown
- M: Mapping control
- Up/Down/Left/Right: adjust mapping
- Tab: next control point
- Enter: next surface / all surfaces
- C: Cropping control
- Up/Down/Left/Right: adjust cropping
- Return: next control point
- Tab: next surface
- I: Image control
- Up/Down: adjust brightness
- Left/Right: adjust contrast
- Enter: next surface / all surfaces
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0: direct access to the 10 first medias
When connected to a network, all the MiniMads share the same media controls (media change, pause, restart, playback mode, audio mode, image display time) which means that every change that’s made on any MiniMad is instantly reflected on all of them.
• Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
• 7 buttons control panel
• HDMI output up to 1080p60 (1920×1080 at 60Hz)
• 16 GB MicroSD-card + adapter
• 2 Amps power supply
• Size 9x10x3 cm
IN THE BOX:
• 1 x 16 GB microSD-card class 10 installed with MiniMad software and an SD-card adapter
• 1 x power supply 100-240V including EU, AUS, UK and US plug (you can choose a white or black unit)
• 1 x printed user-manual
Secure your MiniMad power-plug from being disconnected or damaged with the PLOCK – Power Supply Lock. You can download the 3D file to print it yourself (Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike).