CultureHUB LED Future Mapper© is one day workshop where students will learn basic knowledge of Projection Mapping technology to map LED lights with a special guest, a co-founder of MadMapper, Boris Edelstein from Geneva!
Our exercise will be choosing right types of LED light, recognizing how the video contents map and control LED light, and creating a simple geometric LED lights structure to take away using MadMapper 2.5 Beta with new features, Surface Shaders and more. We also will be showing GarageCube’s new LED light product, and more advanced LED light structure demonstration during this workshop. All students will receive a free 30-day full access of Modul8 and MadMapper.
DATE 6/11 SAT
TIME 2:00 – 8:00pm | 6 hours
WHERE CultureHUB | 47 Great Jones St, New York, NY 10012
LED Future Mapper Early Bird Special Price ends 6/5
Workshop Fee only: $250
Workshop with a MADlight Starter Package Kit: $450
LED Future Mapper Regular Price after 6/6
Workshop Fee only: $350
Workshop with an MADlight Starter Package Kit: $550
• Students who only pay workshop fee must bring their LED lights, a Power Supply, a USB-DMX controller, and an LED DMX drive.
• 2 White Flexible LED Strip packs
• A power supply
• A USB-DMX controller
• A 3 pin DMX connector
• An LED DMX driver
LED Future Mapper
• Introducing New MadMapper 2.5 Beta
• Basic knowledge of different LED lights.
• The principles of LED Mapping with MadMapper (DMX / Artnet).
• How to connect a White Flexible LED Strip, a Power Supply, a USB-DMX controller, an LED DMX drive to MadMapper.
• Learn how to make an LED Mapping using MadMapper.
• Designing a simple geometric LED light installation controlled by real-time video.
• Limited to 10 students
• No pre-knowledge of video art is required
• Technology oriented and committed students are preferred
• MadMapper only works for Mac computers
• A MacBook Air is not recommended
• A 16 gig of RAM is recommended minimum a 8 gig of RAM